Top-specified, totally new freeride weapon of choice. With the 180mm front and rear travel delivered by the Fox 38 fork and Fox DHX shock, it’s definitely time to look for the expert-only bikepark trails and the toughest freeride lines. Super solid Dartmoor Shield Wide wheels, bulletproof Maxxis DHF tires with DH casing, and 4-piston brakes let you forget about the limits.
- 180/180mm front/rear suspension travel
- Super solid Dartmoor Thunderbird aluminum frame with 180mm travel, Boost rear end, and SRAM UDH hanger
- 1.8" tapered head tube with 68mm fork crown and 60mm bottom headsetn bearing to ride even on the most challenging bikepark lines
- Fox 38 Performance series fork with GRIP damper and 38mm upper legs
- Fox DHX Factory series shock
- 11-speed Shimano Deore 5100 drivetrain with Shimano 11-51T cassette
- Powerful SRAM Guide RE brakes with 4-piston calipers and 200mm rotors on the front and at the rear
- Race Face Atlas handlebar for the ultimate control and confidence
- Bump proof Shield Wide rims with Maxxis DHF tires with DH casing
Thunderbird FR - general info
FR stands for freeride, and this is what you should do with this bike. A new Thunderbird FR frame sits on 27.5" wheels, as they are easier to get than 26" nowadays. Coil or air - it is your choice where you want to play with it. We designed it for bikepark laps with friends that choose double black diamonds for a warm-up run. It is a progressive and stiff as hell platform ready to be braapped, hucked, and miss-treated regularly. Thunderbird FR pedals just right to keep the sweat off during beer runs while its suspension stays responsive enough to prevent cold ones from ruffling. Well, that is what our R&D team says. 180mm of rear and up to 200mm of front travel with geometry allowing to fit a 29-inch front wheel means you can easily match it with a dual crown fork and keep the eyes away from your lovely mullet. With a great price to build ratio, you can easily save on a bike and travel more!
For keeping the frame trouble-free, all pivot points are working on the stiff axlesmounted on the sealed Max type bearings. The progressive suspension design is perfect for both types of shocks: spring shocks and large volume air shocks. The construction reduces also the negative impact of braking on the suspension operation. If you look for some more tech talk - the head tube is ready to take the new generation of 1.8" tapered forks with 68-69mm crowns and the dropout is compatible with the SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH).
|Eff top tube