Feel the power, forget about limits. Forget about anything – just focus on the trail! With an all-new Dartmoor E-Thunderbird powered by the Shimano EP8 engine, nothing can stop you. No more steep sections, no more impossible climbs. With this 29-inch wheeled machine equipped with 170mm front travel and 160mm rear travel, you will #ShredLikeThunder
- 170/160mm front/rear suspension travel
- Shimano EP8 motor with 85Nm torque, powered by Shimano E8036 battery with 630Wh capacity
- Fox 38 Performance series fork, with 170 mm travel, 68mm wide crown dedicated for eMTB+ riding, and Fox Float X Performance Elite shock on rear
- Powerful Shimano SLX 7100 brakes with 4-piston caliper, 203mm rotor on the front, and 180mm at rear
- 11-speed Shimano Deore 5100 derailleur/shifter with Sunrace CSMS8 11-51T cassette
- Tough Dartmoor Shield Wide rims for the most aggressive trails
- Rear wheel rolling on the Dartmoor Ebike specific Reel Expert hubs
- Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR tires with Maxx Grip Exo and Maxx Terra Exo Plus protection
- Oversized 35mm cockpit with 800mm wide Race Face Turbine R handlebar and short Beetle stem
Thunderbird CF- general info
Mountain biking is all about your limits. The more difficult trails you ride the bigger fun you may have if shred it with a well-designed frame! Thunderbird CF is an all-new carbon enduro frame, dedicated to the difficult terrain and riding conditions. With a perfect lateral stiffness, it is a great 29-er enduro machine with aggressive geometry and 160mm of progressive frame travel. Thunderbird CF will work great with the modern heavy-duty forks with 160-170mm travel. Despite the big wheels, the new Thunderbird CF has the Dartmoor DNA and it will not let you down on big jumps, drops, or even in bike parks. For keeping the frame trouble-free, all pivot points are working on the stiff axles mounted on the sealed Max type bearings. The progressive suspension design of the Thunderbird CF is perfect for both types of shocks: spring shocks and large volume air shocks. The construction reduces also the negative impact of braking on the suspension operation. Front triangle and seat stays are made of high-quality carbon fiber with increased wall thickness for better stiffness. The massive rocker is made of one piece of forged aluminum. To ensure the proper strength and durability the whole chainstay and the inserts in the points that are the most exposed to overload in carbon material are made of aluminum as well.
Before we decided to launch the Thunderbird CF frame for mass production, it not only passed a series of tests on a load machine, where the overloads were much greater than required by the standards but it was also strictly tested on the toughest trails of many European enduro races by our team riders: Marcin Motyka – a legend of the Polish bicycle scene and Olaf Odziomek – a young gun on the Polish enduro scene. Another period of testing was including uncompromised shredding in the Austrian, Czech and Polish bike parks, where our R&D Jan Kiliński was checking the strength of the frame on the high drops and long jumps.
The Thunderbird CF is available either without a shock or with the highend Fox X2 Factory air shock with high-speed/low-speed compression and high-speed/low-speed rebound adjustments, with 2-pos. Open/Firm lever, coated with a Genuine Kashima coat. Thunderbird CF frame is equipped with SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH). With this frame, you can #ShredLikeThunder!
|Eff top tube