Versatile enduro bike on 27.5-inch wheels for riders on the beginning of gravity mountain biking adventure. Equipped with everything you need to have a safe and comfortable ride even on the demanding trails. X-Fusion suspension set, wide range 11-46T cassette for easier uphilling or 4-pistons Shimano hydraulic disc brakes which makes you more confident on the downhills.
• Refreshed Blackbird 27.5 frame with metric shock standard 230x65mm and Boost hubs standard 148x12mm
• Bombproof Microshift Advent derailleur with clutch and 11-46T cassette, both enthusiastically rated by Pinkbike.com as one of the best enduro/trail budget drivetrains and tested by our R&D team
• Shimano Deore FC-5100 crankset made of forged aluminum
• Shimano MT-420 four-pistons front brake and MT-410 two-pistons rear brake
• One of the most popular trail/enduro saddles – WTB Volt Medium with cromoly rails
Blackbirds - general info
A bicycle is a simple piece of equipment with huge potential and that’s why, while creating the Blackbird, we focused on simplicity and functionality. Without a doubt Enduro is a form of sport which demands maximum versatility from a bike – difficult and long uphilling, downhilling in the most difficult conditions, jumps and drops are the standard challenges that the equipment must face.
Based on our own and our riders’ experience we placed a stiff single-pivot construction at the bike’s heart. This simple solution makes it possible to create a modern bike that fulfills the demands of even the most demanding riders. The advanced swingarm cage, consisting of 12 welded elements and tubes, is very stiff and the carefully designed pivot position allows high pedalling efficiency (with the antisquad parameter at about 100% pedal-bob effect is eliminated). The swingarm is connected to the front triangle with a super stiff 17mm axle, mounted on 3 Max type bearings packed with waterproof Mobil grease. The design of the shock mount yoke means a full length seat tube can be used, enabling plenty of room for the new long travel dropper posts.
The frame design is based on modern, progressive geometry suitable for 27.5” wheels with a low positioned BB, a relatively long front triangle and a 65º head tube angle. The rear dropout is a bolt through 142x12mm. The Blackbird climbs with ease but it will really come alive when shredding down.