True enduro weapon on 27.5-inch wheels, equipped with high-quality Rock Shox suspension, new Shimano Deore 5100 groupset with wide range 11-51T cassette and 4-pistons disc brakes with 200mm front rotor. All you need for fast riding in the most demanding conditions, and having it under control.
- 160/160mm front/rear suspension trave
- Blackbird 27.5 frame with metric shock standard 230x65mm and Boost hubs standard 148x12mm
- Rock Shox Gold RL enduro specific fork with 35mm upper legs, Motion Control damper, and DebonAir spring
- Rock Shox Super Deluxe Select metric shock with DebonAir spring
- 11-speed Shimano Deore 5100 drivetrain with Shimano 11-51T cassette
- FSA Comet Heavy Duty forged crankset with 24mm chromoly spindle and 34T direct mount narrow-wide chainring
- High-quality Maxxis Assegai 27.5X2.50 tires with cut and abrasion-resistant EXO protection
- Our custom designed, tubeless ready Patrol rims with 30mm inner width and sleeved joint
- 31.8mm cockpit with our new, compact Viper stem
Blackbirds - general info
Enduro demands maximum versatility from a bike – difficult and long uphilling, downhilling in the most difficult conditions, jumps, and drops are the standard challenges that the equipment must face. Based on our own and our riders’ experience we placed a stiff single-pivot construction at the bike’s heart. This simple solution makes it possible to create a modern bike that fulfills the demands of even the most demanding riders. The advanced swingarm cage, consisting of 12 welded elements and tubes, is very stiff and the carefully designed pivot position allows high pedaling efficiency (with the antisquad parameter at about 100% pedal-bob effect is eliminated). The swingarm is connected to the front triangle with a super stiff 17mm axle, mounted on three Max type bearings packed with waterproof Mobil grease. The design of the shock mount yoke means a full-length seat tube can be used, enabling plenty of room for the new long travel dropper posts. The frame design is based on modern, progressive geometry suitable for 27.5" wheels with a low positioned BB, a relatively long front triangle, 65° head tube angle, and 160mm frame travel. The Blackbird climbs with ease but it will really come alive when shredding down. New version of Blackbird 27.5 frame since the 2021 season is designed for the 230x65mm metric shocks and 148x12mm Boost hubs.
|Eff top tube